The Cell Technologies team at Arbor Biotechnologies is looking for a Senior/Research Associate (SRA) interested in applying and advancing novel precision editing technologies to develop therapeutic gene-editing products. We’re seeking highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities with intellectual rigor and creativity.
The Sr/RA, Cell Technologies, will have a rare opportunity to make a broad impact on Arbor’s critical path and overall productivity. This role will have exposure to several teams at Arbor, focusing on leveraging gene editing tools to develop curative products. The ideal candidate will have significant research experience, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, a strong desire to learn, and the ability and self-motivation to work independently.
- Design and conduct experiments with limited supervision from scientists
- Perform mammalian cell culture and transfection of engineered cell lines to characterize activity of our gene editing enzymes
- Collaborate with the analytical genomics group to prepare DNA libraries for Illumina next generation sequencing
- Document, compile, and analyze experimental data
- Communicate results at team meetings, contribute to project and experiment planning
- Develop and maintain protocols, operational processes, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, molecular biology, or related field with 1-2 years relevant experience or Master’s degree in biology, molecular biology, cell biology or related field with 1+ years of relevant experience
- Strong experience with mammalian cell culture and aseptic techniques
- Experience with methods for gene delivery by transfection, electroporation, and lentiviral or AAV vectors
- Experience with PCR, molecular cloning, common biochemical assays
- Previous laboratory experience with strong knowledge of molecular biology, molecular cloning, biochemistry, and next generation sequencing techniques
- Strong work ethic and motivation with attention to detail
- Previous experience working with CRISPR-Cas gene editing systems
- Industry experience
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
- Astonishingly Connected: The best work happens when we do it together. At Arbor, we believe strong, clear communication is crucial to our success and emboldens collaboration in all of us.
- Our People are Gems: And we treat each other as such by celebrating our growth and development. We invest in our team and encourage everyone to have both a learners mindset and a willingness to teach others.
- Remarkably Mighty: You’ll be intrigued when you take a closer look at Arbor. We approach our work with integrity and thoughtfulness. We are brave, which leads us to take smart risks and make bold discoveries.
- Authenticity is Encouraged: From eating cheese puffs with chopsticks, to doing cartwheels on our balance beam, we’re all about embracing your true self and showing up as you really are. Our differences make us extraordinary.
At Arbor, we are discovering, developing and making available to all patients the next-generation of genetic medicines. We are disrupting the field through our proprietary discovery engine to develop a portfolio of differentiated genetic editing and delivery capabilities. We have an unencumbered portfolio of multiple CRISPR based genetic modifiers that can be tailored to correct the underlying pathology of each genetic disease. Our pipeline of genetic medicines will focus on bringing cures to all patients with genetic disease.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.