American Realty Advisors, LLC (ARA) is one of the largest privately held private equity institutional real estate investment managers in the United States, with over $10 billion in assets under management. ARA invests on behalf of institutional investors through core and value-add real estate funds and separate accounts, targeting industrial, office, multi-family, and retail assets nationwide through direct equity, hybrid debt, mezzanine, and preferred equity structures.
The Vice President, Graphic Design, plays a critical role in ARA’s Corporate Marketing and Communications team, overseeing the firm’s visual brand identity. Under the guidance of the Director, Marketing and Communications, this position is responsible for creating engaging and dynamic marketing materials for both print and digital formats, strategizing the best vehicles for message delivery and ensuring a consistent brand look and feel across all mediums.
Critical focus areas will be to elevate ARA’s existing materials while adhering to established brand guidelines for an institutional audience. ARA’s marketing materials must appeal to and target current clients, potential investors, recruits, general private equity/commercial real estate industry professionals, and internal stakeholders. Materials will be created to support ARA’s Investor Relations, Portfolio Management, Investments, Asset Management, and Operations teams. This role also works directly with the firm’s senior management and CEO to fulfill graphic needs for customized presentations to current and potential investors.
Candidates must have extensive experience and the proven ability to develop and implement creative ideas to benefit the firm’s overall marketing strategy as a value-add solutions provider. The ideal candidate is a true team player who thrives in a collaborative environment and is motivated to contribute to strategic initiatives to build ARA’s business.
- Oversee visual brand identity for the firm, responsible for design and maintaining continuity of all collateral across mediums.
- Illustrate complex business concepts through creative layouts of art and copy with an attention to detail regarding arrangement, size, type, and style:
- Create and implement dynamic concepts to meet the needs of many internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage production of printed and digital collateral.
- Partner with Production Team for quality assurance of printed materials.
- Complete assigned projects by coordinating with outside agencies, services, and printers.
- Create and edit marketing collateral, including quarterly reports, fund snapshots, client presentations, and other materials for internal and external use.
- Update, format, and produce PowerPoint presentations and additional marketing collateral for the Sales Team and the CEO.
- Under the Director, Markating’s supervision, support ARA’s digital strategy, including:
- Creating standard templates for ARA’s social media channels (LinkedIn, etc.) and email marketing programs.
- Creating bespoke posts for content campaigns and social initiatives.
- Designing website landing pages for various content outputs.
- Supporting UI/UX website updates.
- Regularly evaluate competitor materials to ensure ARA content is at or above par with all competitors.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- At least three years of hands-on design and production experience of print and digital marketing materials, including advertisements, sales collateral, email marketing, social media, and event material (trade-show elements such as booth design, poster boards, and promo items where the firm’s logo is featured) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Marketing, or related degree or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of design and visual principles, as demonstrated by a portfolio showing creative design, software skills, and an understanding of corporate marketing required.
- Experience working in a corporate setting and with an existing brand.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Highly skilled in PowerPoint presentation creation.
- Experience with transferring data-centric charts and graphs from Microsoft Excel to design collateral required.
- Ability to critically evaluate choices, with ARA’s needs in mind, and the ability to communicate design choices to stakeholders.
- Familiar with editing video content and motion graphics in PremierePro, AfterEffects, or another similar editing software preferred.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS.
The ideal candidate for this role will exhibit competency in the areas listed below. At ARA, we see possessing these traits as vital to the success of the position:
- Creative Thinking – An innovative thinker who translates thoughts into actionable items.
- Works Collaboratively – A team player with a commitment to achieving objectives through collective action and communication.
- High Energy – Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where multi-tasking is essential.
- Models Our Values – Conducts daily business and interactions with mindfulness to reflect ARA’s culture and promote its values and standards.
- Results Driven – Outperforms expectations and promotes the firm’s competitive advantage through an analytical and context-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Expected work hours: 8:30 to 5:30, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends.
- Travel: Business trips with overnight stays may be required. Occasionally may need to drive a personal vehicle for business.
- Work environment and physical demands: General office environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
American Realty Advisors is committed to equal employment opportunity.
ARA considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance No. 184652.