Content and Social Marketing Intern
Fall 2021/Winter 2022
AptDeco’s mission is to make the exchange of home decor easy for everyone. Our platform lets users buy and sell pre-owned furniture without the hassle that comes with self-service sites. Customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf.
AptDeco is looking for a Content and Social Marketing Intern to join our small collaborative team. This year, we’ve experienced a ton of growth and are excited to continue building a community of people reshaping how we buy and sell used furniture.
This is an ideal opportunity for those that are passionate about building and creating lasting impact within a startup environment. This role is a part-time position with a flexible schedule. Compensation: $15/hour. Rising Seniors and MBA candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Source social media concept posts for each month
- Assist in rolling out new social media platforms for AptDeco
- Research and propose upcoming Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok/Reels trends
- Engage with the Instagram community daily
- Manage social media communication and monitoring
- Assist with social media reporting and draw insights
- Assist in keeping the content calendar on track and up-to-date
- Research viable influencers in all AptDeco markets for potential partnerships
- Brainstorm new ad concepts based on current and future trends
- Brainstorm “2 second snapshot” copy angles
- Assist with aggregating reports and drawing insights
- Organize the Marketing Google Drive
- The ability to multitask, think outside of the box, and get your hands dirty. We’re big believers in solving problems of any kind.
- Social media content creation experience (TikTok videos, Reels, memes, caption copywriting)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, copywriting experience a plus
- An understanding of digital channels (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest)
- A strong desire to learn and contribute to the team
- Basic excel skills
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged, and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving can be stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people across the NYC area and beyond.
AptDeco is committed to building diverse, inclusive, and equitable teams. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage individuals from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for positions.