Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is actively seeking a highly qualified Machine Learning Engineer for the development of advanced algorithms for the Intelligence and Defense communities.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As of October 1, 2021, Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), in compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be asked to follow our process to request an accommodation.
Machine Learning Engineer Minimum Requirements:
- The nature of work (i.e. interactions with the intelligence community and DoD programs) requires the eligibility to apply for and hold a US security clearance; selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment
- MS in Mathematics / Physics / Engineering / Computer Science along with 0-2 years of experience or PhD
- Desire to research and develop novel solutions to unsolved problems using tools from multiple disciplines
- Excellent critical thinking abilities
- Background in one or more of the following disciplines: Applied mathematics, physics modeling and simulation, optimization, artificial intelligence, machine learning, signal processing, statistics, computer vision.
- Experience programming with a scripting/prototyping language such as Python, MATLAB, or R and familiarity with a high-level language such as C++, C#, or Java
Machine Learning Engineer Preferred Qualifications:
In addition to the experience and skills above, if you have any of the following, you will be able to accelerate your effectiveness and impact.
- Demonstrated experience going from problem statement to prototype, to production-ready algorithms.
- Strong foundation in software development processes and tools (IDEs, version control, agile/scrum, CI/CD)
- Strong programming knowledge in C++, C#, or Java
- Experience working with frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Prior/existing security clearance
Machine Learning Engineer Description:
Application areas include geolocation, image analysis, computer vision, machine learning, and point cloud analysis. The scientist/engineer will join a multi-disciplined collaborative team of engineers and scientists. Above all, we value passion, a desire to learn, and teamwork.
The ideal candidate will apply math/statistics/physics/engineering concepts to develop and/or improve existing software algorithms to solve multi-disciplinary problems, e.g. physics modeling, computer vision, sensor fusion. This will include software design, software development, and debugging / issue resolution. The candidate should demonstrate a hands-on approach to problem-solving and must be willing to actively participate in the evaluation of algorithm and system performance. Scientists/engineers who are passionate about applying their expertise to solve problems of national importance, who have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and who are seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stable environment are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about the Software Enterprise Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/