Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of make possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
If you’re looking for a great company to grow your career, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
Manufacturing engineers are responsible for developing the processes or work methods required to produce and test our semiconductor capital equipment products. The manufacturing engineer develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Interface with other engineering functions to coordinate the release of new products
- Estimate manufacturing costs
- Determine time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements
- Develop design methods and parameters, project methodology and/or project proposals
- Develop and use test procedures
- Participate in the preparation of concept and feasibility studies
- Gather operational and test data and evaluates results
- Evaluate work methods, procedures and policies
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Legally authorized to work in US without sponsorship
- Able to solve problems creatively and analytically
- Thrive in a results-driven culture
- Flexible and adaptable mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Leadership skills
- Takes initiative
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.