Help Apple grow the product structural analysis team for iPad, iPhone, Mac, Watch, and many other Apple products. We are responsible for FEA modeling, engineering analysis, & material characterization, along with verification and validation of mechanical simulation models.
- Thorough knowledge of Solid Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Passion for creating innovative, high quality products
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
We are fully integrated with the product design team from the earliest stages, analyzing and informing the mechanical design of ground breaking products. As part of our team, you will work with the multi-functional teams within Apple and with outside vendors to characterize the strength of raw materials and components.
Education & Experience
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, or similar, MS/PhD preferred
- Additional Experience in any or all of the following areas would be preferred:
- Static and dynamic finite element analysis (ideally in handheld/portable/wearable electronic products)
- FEA software such as Abaqus or similar
- Good modeling practices including model validation techniques
- Failure modeling of different classes of materials
- Testing including methods using Digital Image Correlation, Universal Testing Machines, and Dynamic Mechanical Analysis