***Candidates need to apply to the external application to be considered for this opportunity.***
User Experience Design Intern
Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
We are looking for brilliant User Experience Design interns who are passionate about crafting new features that allow users to do their work more easily and efficiently. Interns translate product requirements into wireframes and prototypes that define UI layouts, interactions, and flows. As members of Agile development teams, designers work closely with Product Managers and Software Engineers to rapidly build functional increments, test their effectiveness, and incorporate improvements. Join fellow engineering interns in one of the most fun, all-in, high-velocity environments you’ll ever experience.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Previous software and/or agile development experience.
- Experience performing user research to understand the unmet needs of customers and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to follow a structured process of research, design, and testing, but also know how to prioritize the most effective activities to support fast-changing business requirements.
- Capability to review the user experience of customers and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Team-oriented mindset and collaborative approach to delivering solutions.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We value innovation and investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth and leadership. Whether it’s through Engineering IndieTime (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others and get creative juices flowing
- Appian has a large engineering team where you are made to feel autonomous by our engineering business group model. Working within an agile team allows our engineers and leaders to have a sense of community and accomplishment
- During your first few weeks of joining Appian, you will not only kick-off your experience with our Intern Orientation Program, but you will also dive into Engineering bootcamp packed with cutting-edge tools and technologies you’ll leverage every day.
- Undergraduate student in a Bachelors program for Human-Computer Interaction or related field.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.