Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Who we are looking for:
Data Migration Specialist – AppFolio Property Management
We are currently hiring a Data Migration Specialist to join our Client Services department within the AppFolio product. The purpose of this role is to ensure a successful onboarding for new clients as they transition from previous solutions to AppFolio Property Manager. This is the most important phase of the customer lifecycle, and the Data Migration Specialist is responsible for establishing the solid foundation that drives customers’ future successes. Data Migration Specialist work in conjunction with Onboarding Managers, Payment and Screening Specialists, and oversee the data conversion of the onboarding process. The role is a blend of customer-facing communication and focused project management tasks.
Data Migration Specialist – AppFolio Investment Management
We are currently hiring a Data Migration Specialist to join our Client Services team for our newest product, AppFolio Investment Management. AppFolio Investment Management is used by Private Equity Real Estate companies for their back and front office needs. The purpose of this role is to ensure a successful onboarding for new clients as they transition from previous solutions to AppFolio Investment Management. This is the most important phase of the customer lifecycle, and the Data Migration Specialist is responsible for establishing the solid foundation that drives customer’s future successes. Data Migration Specialists work in conjunction with Onboarding Managers and oversee the data conversion of the onboarding process. The role is a blend of customer-facing communication and focused project management tasks and offers an unrivaled opportunity to grow your career in FinTech.
These are the ideal opportunities for motivated individuals who provide excellent customer service while maintaining an organized queue of internal tasks. Successful individuals in these positions have an obsession for accuracy, a passion for helping others and a blend of technical and interpersonal skills. New hires complete a formal training program to develop extensive product knowledge, which is invaluable for future career opportunity at AppFolio.
These entry-level positions are the starting point for a building a successful career at AppFolio and in the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) industry.
- Master the product through formal onboarding program and continued learning.
- Gather, analyze and process client data during data migrations.
- Complete assigned tasks in an organized manner to ensure project deadlines.
- Proactive outreach to ensure customer success during their first month post-live.
- Work in a team environment and partnered with an Onboarding Manager.
- Provide timely response to customer inquiries via phone and email.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by providing distinctive service in all interactions.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Utilize Zoom to provide efficient face-to-face customer service.
- Utilize SalesForce to manage customer interaction and inquiries.
- Partner with internal Sales and Services teams to define ongoing best practices for onboarding tasks.
- Receive direction from department head and Onboarding Managers.
- Serve as an AppFolio brand ambassador to create promoters within industry.
- Represent Services department at offsite meetups with customers and prospects.
- Travel to industry conferences and visit customers onsite when called upon. (*Customer onsites are AppFolio Investment Management specific*)
Skills and Knowledge:
- BA/BS/BE degree required
- Exceptional customer relationship building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities for advanced problem-solving
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Ability to influence decision-making and change
- Highly organized and strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to display good judgment
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow through on tasks until completed
- Ability to develop trusted relationships and find creative solutions
- High degree of flexibility
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Accounting knowledge desired
- Property Management knowledge desired (*AppFolio Property Management specific*)
- Real Estate and Finance knowledge desired (*AppFolio Investment Management specific*)
If you are interested in joining our Onboarding teams to directly contribute to the growth of AppFolio, apply today!