Sustainability & Procurement is an INFLUENTIAL strategic function at the world’s leading Beer Company. We go beyond traditional cost management, delivering results by partnering across ALL business functions through leading-edge category management initiatives. Our Team challenges and develops innovative sourcing solutions negotiating the most valuable deals and a total cost of ownership approach. Through Sustainable Sourcing we are LEADING the way to our Better World Dream and our 2025 Sustainability Goals.
Purpose of the Position
In Sustainability & Procurement we are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for ambitious, curious, and bold people that have the potential to become category leaders. A successful candidate will be passionate and have a creative mindset, relying on analytics and strategy to have an immediate impact on the business.
In this 10-week program you will have the opportunity to lead a cross-category strategic project. As part of an internal cross functional team, you will have exposure to learn about all business functions, share best practices, drive stakeholder engagement, and ultimately deliver savings and cash flow. You will have the unique opportunity to present and receive executive feedback directly from the Vice President of Sustainability & Procurement. A successful candidate will have an innovative mindset, relying on analytics, strategy, and sustainability to deliver REAL business results.
Develop strategies for the category project scope:
- Provide analytical and negotiation support to deliver Strategic Initiatives
- Analyze market trends and assess supply base
- Collaborate with suppliers and stakeholders to develop innovative design changes
- Deliver cash flow opportunities through reduced costs, payment terms, and efficiencies
- Explore and develop creative solutions to deliver on our 2025 Sustainability Goals
- Provide recommendations to Category Director and present to Senior Leadership
Past Project Examples:
- Develop strategy to increase recycled glass content to support our 2025 Sustainability Goals
- Explore and recommend innovative consumer connection strategies for Superbowl events
- Develop 5-year Strategy for Autonomous Trucking
- Develop process map and complete market demand assessment for brewery byproducts.
- Define key opportunities to capitalize on and turn a profit in the marketing and event space.
Qualifications and Technical competencies required
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Data Science, or relevant field. Graduating December 2022 or Spring 2023.
- Passion for and in-depth understanding of global Sustainability Trends
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Collaborative mindset & effective communicator
- Advanced PC and presentation skills
- Strategic & conceptual thinking
- Capable of independently managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable navigating in ambiguous situations
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Proven ability to deliver breakthrough, high quality results
- Passionate leaders who can envision new “ways to win” and engage others
Must be authorized to work permanently in the country of internship and full-time placement.
Work location to be St. Louis, Missouri – permanent remote work arrangements not applicable for this position.