Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect.
ADI’s Aerospace and Defense business has an open position for an RF/Microwave Design Engineer who will design cutting-edge integrated modules and subsystems ranging from miniaturized multi-chip modules and SiPs to high power rack-based subsystems. You will work in a collaborative team environment and interface with digital, software, and mechanical engineers, process engineers, program managers, and production personnel through all program phases from research through design and production.
Successful candidate will be a technology leader in ADI’s Integrated Solutions department driving development of complex high-integration multi-chip assemblies that leverage ADI’s integrated circuits across the entire signal chain from antenna-to-bits. Products cover a range of commercial, military, and satellite applications. The position requires design skills and the ability to develop proficiency with CAD modeling tools applicable to amplifiers, up/down converters, synthesizers, and high-speed data converters.
The candidate will contribute in the following areas:
- Design multichip signal chains and systems from DC to 40GHz +
- Identify suitable architectures, evaluate chip level and system trade-offs, develop design specifications from customer requests and marketing inputs.
- Frequency conversion planning and signal chain design for low spurious, low phase noise, gain, IP3, noise figure (among other key metrics)
- Prepare proposal documents, including technical, cost and schedule estimates.
- Execute technology roadmaps and benchmark plans through release of products.
- BSEE with 2+ years’ experience or recent MSEE graduate with experience in the RF/Microwave semiconductor or module industry. Job level and salary commensurate with experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of RF fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with peers, managers, and project stakeholders effectively using both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to obtain SECRET clearance. US Citizens only.
Desired Skills Knowledge:
- Problem solving: quickly assess situations, collect relevant information from subject matter experts and drive manageable solutions.
- Planning and organization: set and manage priorities, adapt to change, drive progress of activities, issues, risks and deliverables to closure.
- Act decisively and make clear, timely decisions in the best interests of the project.
- Creativity and innovation: explore new options to bridge project challenges or improve processes, identify and address challenges across functional boundaries.
- Exemplary collaboration skills: establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, foster teamwork and bridge differences to achieve project goals.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time