Director of Business Development – Healthcare Consulting and Advisory
Remote: US based
Take Ownership of Sales Activities for a New Service Line within $3+ Billion Innovator in Healthcare Workforce Solutions!
Join a dedicated and collaborative team to provide consultative sales and account management to top clients across the nation
If you are a business development star with experience selling into the healthcare and/or workforce management sector, and you can quickly and efficiently build rapport with prominent decision makers to get the sale completed from prospect to close, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for. We’re seeking a professional who has expertise in expanding and growing existing accounts while also being motivated by the idea of hunting for new business.
Intrigued and ready to learn more? We invite you to consider just some of the many advantages of this role!
- You’ll enjoy the best of both worlds — the resources, stability and brand recognition inherent within the AMN Healthcare family of companies, as well as the pioneering energy of Healthcare Consulting and Advisory services, a relatively new consulting service line. Although you will focus on these products, you will also be pulling in other solutions from AMN’s comprehensive portfolio of Integrated Talent Solutions. In fact, you’ll have the chance to create the trajectory of success for this service line.
- This is a new role for the company that will provide an opportunity to learn new skills, expand sales expertise, broaden networks and make a direct impact on a new portfolio of solutions. You’ll also enjoy the support of excellent leadership, a team-based approach to the sales cycle and the happiness that comes with knowing that you are positively influencing the healthcare sector
- Pivotal to success will be your skills in establishing credibility and building positive relationships with senior healthcare executives and clinicians, as well as our internal partners. As a collaborator and business partner you will work with a wide variety of key contacts internally and externally. Your accomplishments will be visible as you grow and expand this business while providing the best customized solutions to our clients, solving their workforce staffing / planning issues and other strategic challenges.
We take pride in our collaborative and diligent work environment, as well as our status as an industry leader in diversity and inclusion. We remain committed to the communities we serve and operate as a growth-minded business.
AMN is a competency-focused organization, where those who succeed encompass the following strengths of: Organizational agility, relationship building skills, strategic prowess and a drive for results.
AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation. We provide access to the most comprehensive network of quality healthcare professionals through its innovative recruitment strategies and breadth of career opportunities. With insights and expertise, AMN Healthcare helps providers optimize their workforce to successfully reduce complexity, increase efficiency and improve patient outcomes. AMN Total Talent Solutions include managed services programs, clinical and interim healthcare leaders, temporary staffing, executive search solutions, vendor management systems, recruitment process outsourcing, predictive modeling, language interpretation services, revenue cycle solutions, credentialing, and other services. Clients include acute-care hospitals, community health centers and clinics, physician practice groups, retail and urgent care centers, home health facilities, schools, and many other healthcare settings. For more information about AMN Healthcare, visit www.amnhealthcare.com.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, as a Business Development Executive, you will step into an individual contributor role for Healthcare Consulting and Advisory Services focused on generating sales leads, engaging prospective qualified clients, educating qualified prospects on our full portfolio of products and solutions and driving the sales process to contract execution.
This role is designed to engage strategically with key executives at major healthcare systems across the US — this will include critical decision makers such as CEOs, CNOs, HR Executives and members of the C-suite. We operate in a team-based model, and we will look to you to drive the sales process with prospective clients by collaborating and working with subject matter authorities and sales support team members to meet revenue quotas. You’ll need the sales chops and an eye for business to know when to pull in your resources to help educate the clients on specific topics and ensure we are crafting solutions that meet their needs.
Leads will come in from various sources including internal channels, an appointment setter and other existing client contacts. You will use the CRM and other tools and sales management systems to update progress and run your pipeline.
More specifically, your key job responsibilities will be to:
- Apply account segmentation and regional knowledge to identify key targets through systematic investigation of the client’s situation and objectives, evaluation for revenue potential, and alignment with a set of service offerings.
- Grow market share by initiating and establishing relationships with C-level executive clients through phone calls and in person meetings.
- Discover and analyze client strategic objectives of target organizations through trusted advisor and consultative relationships.
- Develop customized strategic account plans that solve financial, operational, and workforce planning challenges, aligned to desired future states. Move the client and opportunity through a buying journey and close business in a predictable manner that meets new client acquisition, bookings and revenue goals.
- Communicate sales activities and opportunities through the pipeline call process to keep all partners advised of upcoming opportunities (i.e. shared services, corporate, sales partners).
- Use and update CRM tool(s) to provide real-time information on client activity and pivotal initiatives (in conjunction with strategic sales plan) including status reports.
- Design, track, and review annual Sales Plan and projections, including regular meetings with leadership and other Client Sales team members. Develop strategies and overcome obstacles for achieving revenue-based targets.
- Expand individual knowledge of healthcare labor management market trends, industry analyst updates, and relevant data by reviewing internal and external sources. Participate in key industry associations and trade organizations.
- Actively engage in AMN cross-selling efforts by identifying viable revenue source referrals and communicating with all AMN business division.
The Ideal Candidate
To be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience – MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise account management / sales within healthcare consulting or workforce planning / optimization.
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills, including a track record of creating and maintaining trust with C-level executives.
- Experience or desire to be a Salesforce authority.
- Strong technical, financial, analytics, conceptual skills.
- A desire to thrive in our team-based sales model.
- The ability to have strategic, conceptual conversations with buying executives.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will embody the following characteristics and competencies:
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- A passion for finding win/win results
- Good organizational skills
- Interpersonal savvy
- Confidence combined with modesty and a passion for learning
- Strong priority / goal setting skills
- The ability to navigate ambiguity and complex healthcare structures
- Calm when the heat is on
- High energy and passion
You can expect to travel approximately 50-70 percent of the time to meet with clients across the nation.
We are open to location, but the preferred candidate will live in a city with access to a major airport.