HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge you’re working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Postdoctoral Fellow – Cardio-metabolic Research
This could be your everyday
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. During this program, you will be provided with an enriching environment to inspire innovation that will contribute to the development of human therapeutics.
The lab of Dr. Jixin Cui and Dr. Saptarsi Haldar in the Cardiometabolic Disorders Research Department at Amgen is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to perform independent research to understand how the protein quality control machinery regulates cardiomyocyte function during heart failure.
The postdoctoral fellow will leverage human genetic evidence and take a multi-disciplinary approach combining cell biology, biochemistry, proteomics, structural biology, and animal models to identify novel mechanisms by which genetic variants in chaperones and co-chaperones alter the risk for cardiomyopathy and heart failure. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make key scientific contributions to and establish him/herself in the field of protein homeostasis in human heart failure. He/she will be encouraged and expected to independently develop a research program based on initial studies and to present at scientific conferences and publish in leading journals. The postdoctoral fellow will enjoy strong support in using Amgen’s cutting-edge technologies and interact closely with a cross-functional team of Amgen’s distinguished scientists.
The postdoctoral position is for 3 years with the option to extend for an additional year.
Here’s what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dedicated individual we seek is a scientist with these qualifications.
- PhD at the time of appointment
- PhD in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or physiology
- Previous research experience in one of the following areas: protein quality control, heat shock proteins, cardiovascular biology, cardiomyocyte function
- Expertise in one of the following techniques: human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes (hiPSC-CMs), functional characterization of cardiomyocytes, animal models of heart failure, isolation and culture of primary cells, protein engineering
- Record of independent critical thinking and the ability to design, execute, and interpret experiments, as exemplified by high-quality publications
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.