At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. Find your place in marketing on #TeamAmex.
As marketers at one of the most iconic brands in the world, we play a major role in building authentic relationships with customers who impact life and business around the world. Here, creativity and inspired storytelling combine with powerful data-based marketing and hyper-personalized digital communication to create a genuine human connection that drives business results. As a part of our diverse community of marketers, you can have a breadth of different marketing experiences and do virtually anything from connecting small businesses to new customers to uncovering insights that inspire the future of payments. Create a dynamic career while doing work that matters for people and businesses everywhere.
Business Unit/Role Specific Info
Where are these roles located within American Express?
o Global Commercial Services (GCS) seeks to change the world at work, so our customers can change the world. We aspire to serve all of our commercial clients, from the mom-and-pop store on Main Street to the largest global enterprises,
o Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG) comprises of local sales and marketing, travel and lifestyle services, and global consumer products including lending, cobrands, and premium products and benefits, as well as the teams which develop and support the digital, risk, and information management capabilities across American Express.
o Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) brings together the businesses that manage and evolve important partnerships for the company with key stakeholders including merchants, banks, and strategic and loyalty partners.
o Global Advertising & Brand Management (GABM) creates worldwide demand for American Express, driving business through innovative marketing, messaging, partnerships, and experiences. Teams within the group cover Brand management and planning, Brand Strategy, Brand Training, Enablement & Governance, Global Media, Brand Content & Communications, Global Experiential Marketing, Digital Brand Capabilities and Amex Insights (responsible for bringing the voice of the customer and competitive context to business decisions made across the enterprise).
o Consumer- Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG) is responsible for growing the American Express consumer business worldwide, strengthening our global leadership position in the premium space, and delivering exceptional, differentiated customer experiences.
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing at American Express?
- Analyze data and realize growth opportunities to help businesses improve performance and drive growth
- Be responsible for understanding how our business functions and how it might best be served using new and emerging digital products and/or services
· Build and track performance indicators to better understand customer behavior
· Develop cost-benefit analyses to determine feasibility of new opportunities
· Develop relationships with a variety of internal and external partners
· Share and leverage best practices and provide consultancy to team
· Manage end-to-end marketing initiatives or other customer-focused initiatives; develop and implement tests to measure effectiveness
· Find innovative ways to improve the customer experience
- Passion for customer marketing, payments innovation, travel industry and new technology trends
- Ability to conceptualize and sell ideas
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Willing to take risks and share fresh perspectives
- Be proficient with analytical and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Currently enrolled in a full-time Graduate degree program
· Students must have a graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
For more information, please visit our career website at https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/careers/.
In order for your application to be considered, please complete the below steps:
1. Click on the link below and select “Apply”
2. Create a new username and password
3. Complete and submit your application
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf