American Ecotech specializes in the manufacturing, maintenance, and operation of air pollution monitoring systems. The company is currently seeking an Environmental Systems Technician to join our team. With us, you will have the opportunity to be exposed to the full life-cycle of measurement projects – from concept design to operational integration and operation, long-term system maintenance, and all steps in between.
Our preferred candidate will have prior experience in the operation and maintenance of continuous measurement systems. You will have the ability to work and learn independently and be willing to make best judgment decisions in an operational setting. You will have a mechanical aptitude, advanced troubleshooting skills, and a knowledge base that includes the scientific principles of air measurement, pneumatics, electrical and electronics, computing, and network skills.
– Develop an in-depth knowledge of American Ecotech core products and services and utilize this knowledge to successfully manage, deliver and enhance Air Quality Monitoring Projects for our customers.
– Ability to perform technical training to other employees/interns
– Communicate with existing customers and ensure that projects are delivered as per customers’ expectations.
– Help to plan each customer job thoroughly in advance to ensure all necessary tools, spares and equipment are available to complete pending and current tasks.
– System Installation, Servicing and Maintenance of Ambient and Stack Environmental Air Pollution Monitoring and Measurement Equipment
– Travel to customer sites and perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting. Ensuring sufficient equipment/spares are on hand to attend most foreseeable failures.
– Provide ongoing customer support for existing projects. Both technical and administrative tasks must be completed in a timely manner.
– Provide suggestions on how to improve existing customer projects and pass this to the regional manager for potential proposals.
– Demonstrate initiative in finding solutions to customers’ ambient air monitoring challenges.
– Perform Customer Training on all elements of the Ambient Air monitoring station systems.
– To ensure that any company procedures and policies are followed as they are implemented; if unclear this must be communicated immediately to the Regional Manager.
– Assist in meeting project management goals
– Positively Represent American Ecotech at all times
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, or related field
– 3+ years of experience in the environmental field or lab setting
– Thorough understanding of Networking communications
– High attention to detail and organization
– Developed research skills
– Strong written communication skills
– Hands on technical knowledge (an understanding of technical instrumentation, its workings and advances)
– Must be able to and willing to travel on a regular basis
– Strong Industry background preferred
– Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines
– Must be a US citizen or legally able to work in the US