Imagine yourself working for a company where innovation, teamwork, and customer service comprise the core of that organization—a place where talented people from over 60 countries work together to set standards of excellence in the maritime world. Sound exciting? Then ABS is the right place for you!
ABS currently has openings for its full-time Aspire Rotational Engineer Program, which launches each year in July. This program offers recent university graduates the opportunity to accelerate their career growth through a structured framework that combines challenging work rotations with technical and professional training for a period of up to 14 months. The goal of the rotational program is to develop our next generation of ABS professionals.
The rotational program provides both on-the-job experience and classroom development.
How does the rotational program work?
The rotational program provides valuable opportunities to become immersed in at least four aspects of our business:
- Engineering (required)
- Survey (required)
- Technology (required)
- Business Development
- Data & Digital
- Professional Support Services
The combination of cross-functional work assignments and action learning projects help to develop the skills and capabilities needed to build your career path toward leadership. Program participants will receive feedback during the program in the form of evaluations at the midpoint and completion of each rotation. Rotations will be in the United States.
- Combines on-the-job experience with business, leadership and personal development training
- Requires your accountability and delivery of actual business results
- Opportunity to expand technical capabilities, leadership skills, and business knowledge that provides a strong foundation for you to leverage and drive your career growth
- Exposure to a broad range of experiences and subject matter experts
The rotational program is highly selective, and space is limited. To be considered, at a minimum, candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or maritime-related field
- Strong interest in exploring assignments within our Class Operations: Engineering, Technology, and Survey
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- A self-starter mentality committed to learning new things and taking ownership
- Ability to interface with customers, which requires strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Academic achievement as demonstrated by an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to multi-task without faltering on attention to detail and data accuracy
- Prior internship experience in maritime or related industry strongly preferred