American Ag Energy is in the businesses of Controlled Environment Agriculture, Carbon Sequestration, and Biomass Energy. Currently, the company is building large greenhouses in New Hampshire and Rhode Island, where it will grow vegetables integrated with combined heat and power facilities and CO2 recapture. Additionally, the company is working with multiple companies abroad involved in carbon sequestration and biomass to energy operations.
This person will contribute to the design and implementation of a pilot plant and large-scale facilities for a biomass-based energy supply process for a major international company. As part of a fast-moving, small team, you will have the opportunity to influence the success and direction of the project, as well as to gain accelerated experience in a role with significant responsibility. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with initially ambiguous situations, working to resolve knowledge gaps as appropriate. In addition, this candidate should feel empowered to raise issues and make recommendations as appropriate with other employees and stakeholders as part of their work.
- Contribute to plant process design, developing PFDs and P&IDs
- Perform material and energy balance calculations and estimates
- Make and validate key engineering assumptions
- Manage logistics associated with plant construction
- Research relevant technological developments and determine their relevance and suitability to the process
- Work with consultants to solve technical problems and validate engineering work
- Communicate with clients in regular meetings and emails to obtain information and share progress
- Estimate process costs using engineering estimates and vendor quotes
- Make recommendations for internal actions and purchases in order to further project goals
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering (experience not required)
- Ability to achieve technical and business deliverables as part of an established, fast-moving work schedule
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to different stakeholders at appropriate levels of detail
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
American Ag Energy provides employees with a benefits package including healthcare and 4 weeks’ vacation. Employees at American Ag Energy are given major responsibilities and are supported by experienced management. The company trains its senior employees in all aspects of business management and technology. Hands-on experience is given immediately.