We are a fast-paced Series A startup growing our team of dynamic builders, tech-enthusiasts, and compassionate professionals on a mission to deploy AI-powered robotic solutions that make supply chain operations more human-friendly and efficient.
We are seeking a Backend Software Engineer to design, develop, and maintain backend software for analyzing and serving large-scale data to machine learning automation and graphical dashboards for robot fleet management. In this role, you will work closely with the VP of Software and the engineering teams. This position is ideal for a teammate who has over one year of experience in commercial software development.
In this role, you will:
- Develop backend software for serving data on robot performance, status, and sensors to interactive user interfaces.
- Develop software infrastructure for continuous machine learning from robot sensor data.
- Help design database schemas for efficient storage and retrieval of robot data.
- Implement user authentication systems.
- Manage production systems for hosting backend servers.
You’re a good fit if you have
- An eagerness to learn, solve challenging problems, and lead with curiosity
- A desire for career growth and ownership of your work
- Proficiency in Node.js and working with Linux-based operating systems.
- Experience with Docker, Postgres/SQL, Cloud compute frameworks (e.g. EC2), Cloud file storage (e.g. S3), and git.
- Familiarity with API design, database design, and serving image/video data.
- A BS or higher in computer science, electrical engineering, or the equivalent.
- BONUS: Prior experience with dev ops and/or machine learning infrastructure.
Ambi Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer benefits such as 401k, health/dental/vision insurance, and equity ownership.