We are a fast-paced Series A startup growing our team of dynamic builders, tech-enthusiasts, and compassionate professionals on a mission to deploy AI-powered robotic solutions that make supply chain operations more human-friendly and efficient.
We are seeking a Mechanical Systems Engineer to help us design, build, and support scalable robotic systems that empower people to handle more. In this role, you will work closely with the VP of Hardware.
In this role, you will
- Own the design and development of new, scalable industrial automation systems from concept, to prototype, to production
- Support existing deployments
- Lead design reviews and facilitate communication both internally and externally with customers and vendors.
You are a good fit if you have:
- An eagerness to learn, solve challenging problems, and lead with curiosity
- A desire for career growth and ownership of your work
- 3+ Years of industrial machine design / mechatronics experience
- Proficiency with CAD based design (Solidworks preferred)
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping (3D printing, sheet metal, welding, and machining)
- Comfort around machine tools and ability to fabricate concepts in-house
Preferred skills and experience
- Leadership experience on an engineering or project team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with an emphasis on interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in a fast-paced R&D environment
- Ability to construct concise and complete problem statements from loose requirements
- Familiarity with 6-axis robots and coordinated motion platforms
- Design for safety standards (ISO 10218-2)
- Version control: PDM / PLM experience
Ambi Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer benefits such as 401k, health/dental/vision insurance, and equity ownership.