NOTE: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all Product Design Engineer and related Engineer roles at all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Greater Seattle Area (Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond), Greater Bay Area (San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara), Greater DMV (DC, MD, VA), Greater Boston Area (Boston, North Reading), Greater Los Angeles Area (Los Angeles, Pasadena, Northridge), Detroit (MI), San Diego (CA)
Every day across the world we develop the ideas, services and products that make life easier for tens of millions of customers, and make good things happen faster. From providing Earth’s Biggest Selection of products to developing ground breaking software and devices that change entire industries. Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. As an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics like the Kindle family of products and hardware. We have worked to produce innovative devices like our best-selling e-readers, tablets, Fire TV, drones, robots and other hardware. Come build the future with us.
As an engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As a Product Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems; self-motivation, desire to learn from new challenges, problem solve and use communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. You must show a hands-on passion for your work, and must be able to communicate your ideas and concepts verbally and visually. Finally, you must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and prove adaptability to quickly changing contexts and work environments.
As part of a project team you will work alongside Senior Design Engineers; supporting the design, debug, validation and optimization of the products. You will be involved in projects from concept through production, gaining exposure to the complete design lifecycle. You will also support engineering builds gaining experience with high volume manufacturing.
· Design and build 3D models for testing, proof-of-concept, mock-ups, and functional appearance models
· Find and interface with 3rd party suppliers and integrate their pieces into the whole system design
· Support advanced R&D initiatives & prototyping efforts with team members of other disciplines
· Participate in the cross-discipline design process for system design, combining your skills with HW and SW team members to arrive at integrated effective system designs
· Work well with support resources to efficiently realize appropriate design portions
· Identify emerging technologies to help define development opportunities
· Research advanced materials and manufacturing processes
· Anticipate and correct issues that may impact mass-production (DFx)
· Support positive team interactions to accomplish program objectives
· Contribute to schedule & milestone commitments
· Provide cross-functional program integration support
· Currently working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other equivalent technical discipline, with an expected conferral date between 08/01/2021 and 08/01/2022 and/or completed your degree no more than 12 months ago.
· Experience with hardware/software integration and real time systems
· 3D CAD experience
· Knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods
· Experience with rapid prototyping processes (3D printing, CNC-machining, laser cutting)
· Experience with mechanism design and prototyping; precision mechanical assembly
· Strong Mathematical, Statistical, and/or Physics fundamentals
· Experience running simulations (FEA, moldflow, thermal analysis, SI, etc.)
· Experience designing and prototyping mechatronics systems
· Experience with industry standard PCB design tools
· Experience with CREO
· Experience with industry standard Mechanical design tools and CAD software
· Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines
· Experience in communicating with end users, business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features and refine technical designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay for this position in Colorado is $105,000/year. however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.