At Amazon, we are excited to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
· Learn more about our businesses by reviewing Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, Jeff’s 2020 Letter to Shareholders, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as where we operate around the world.
At Amazon, we are excited to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. Have you ever wondered what happens with all the money you spend on Amazon.com? Come join the team that manages and analyzes that cash, and builds the banking infrastructure needed to deliver your packages as fast as possible. The Treasury Organization is seeking candidates to participate in a two-year rotational program, where candidates will have three, eight-month rotations across Treasury. This program offers the opportunity for accelerated career growth, and provides exposure to business leaders in a culture that recognizes and rewards excellence. After successful completion of this program, participants will be ready to take on financial leadership positions supporting one of our Treasury teams. Successful candidates will bring diverse perspectives and varied experiences (whether from school, life, or past jobs).
If you are interested in the financial markets, and the convergence of theory and practice, then the Treasury rotations are for you. Participants will have the opportunity to rotate across various teams, including: Treasury Business Operations, Trading and Investments, and Capital Markets.
· The Treasury Business Operations team is responsible for managing Amazon’s liquidity needs. In the role, you will gain experience with global banking structures and will learn about cash positioning. You will also be exposed to our global cash forecasting process, and work with our data scientists and machine learning models. You will help shape the future of Amazon cash management as we continue to automate and simplify the business.
· The Trading and Investments team focuses on foreign exchange (FX), investments, and commercial paper issuance. It manages over $45B of Amazon’s global FX trading activity annually in support of global operations. As an FX trader, you will execute FX transactions related to intercompany trades, accounts payable payments, non-dollar equity injections, and M&A related fund flows. You will also be a fixed income trader for our $50B+ investment portfolio.
· The Capital Markets team oversees Amazon’s long-term strategy for funding the business and distributing excess capital. The team is also responsible for implementing all debt and equity capital market activities. You will build analytical models to evaluate capital structure decisions and contribute to financing initiatives including corporate bond issuances, finance leasing programs, and working capital solutions.
· Please list your Undergraduate School and expected graduation date within the Education section of your online application.
· Full-time recruitment will occur during September 2021 – January 2022
· This position will start early August 2022.
Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program (or a dual degree/submatriculation master’s degree program you are completing concurrently with your bachelor’s degree at the same school) with a graduation conferral date between December 2021 and Summer 2022.
· Sense of ownership
· Excellent analytical skills
· Desire to learn complex processes and systems
· Strong academic record
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills
· Understanding of basic business and accounting concepts
· Familiarity with Excel
· Solid organizational and project-management skills
· A practical and creative approach to problem solving
· Ability to summarize and communicate important data
· Commitment to self-development
· A team player who is willing to roll-up their sleeves
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.