Amasia, a venture capital firm with offices in San Francisco and Singapore, is looking for students interested in climate, sustainability and venture capital to assist with research and writing in an 8-to-12-week session during the Summer of 2022. Working remotely, the paid, full-time Fellows will work directly with Amasia’s partners on the tasks outlined below. No previous business experience or special training is required, but strong research and writing skills are essential. The fellowship is open to both graduate and undergraduate students.
Amasia is a thesis-driven, global venture capital firm currently focused on sustainability and climate. Using a nuanced framework designed around behavior change, we invest in founders with global ambitions, at the Seed to Series B stages, across the United States, Southeast Asia, India, Europe and Latin America. We facilitate their growth with access to global markets, global best practices, and global knowledge. We rely heavily on research and writing skills to produce meaningful content that helps drive sustainability investing and direct our investment thesis.
Our team is small and high-performance. People who thrive at Amasia do so because they like what we offer: flexibility, autonomy, leadership through action, direct contact with our experienced managing partners, and a dynamic workplace environment. Amasia is best suited to team members who think outside of the box, “get things done,” and want to pursue excellence.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Summer Fellows will work directly with Amasia’s partners to research and write on topics at the intersection of climate, sustainability, and venture capital. Past fellows have:
- Researched and written blog posts on current trends in climate science
- Helped define our climate and sustainability investment thesis
- Researched and written sector reports
- Mapped portfolio companies to key sustainability indicators
- Expanded Amasia’s network of climate scientists and institutions
- Analyzed moral hazards and returns in VC
Humanities majors are especially encouraged to apply as the focus of this position is qualitative, leveraging a candidate’s outstanding research and writing ability. We encourage all those interested in gaining research and writing experience to apply.
- Demonstrated interest in climate, sustainability, or venture capital
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Dedication to timeliness and accuracy
- Strong sense of self-direction
- Immense curiosity and growth mentality
- 40 hours per week of time for the Fellowship during the summer
- Availability from May 31 to August 5, although there is some flexibility on start and end dates
Please use this form to submit your application information and materials. The application deadline is 11:59 PM EST on December 6th, 2021. Selected candidates will be invited to partake in two behavioral interviews, and one written case study.