About Altus Power
Altus Power, based in Greenwich, Connecticut, is creating a clean electrification ecosystem, serving its commercial, public sector and community solar customers with locally sited solar generation, energy storage and EV-charging stations. Since the Company’s formation in 2010, Altus has established itself as a leader in building-sited clean energy across the United States. The Company is in the process of building on its leadership position by targeting key hires to expand its solar platform and meet its strategic objectives.
About the Position
Altus Power is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with the skills, experience and aptitude to serve as a staff accountant in the renewable energy industry. The position will involve a variety of operations accounting duties related to portfolio management of solar energy assets. The candidate will work closely with our Accounting & Financial Reporting team and will report to our accounting supervisor.
· Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Support the month-end close activities including preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and flux analysis
· Participate in the coordination and preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
· Review of various third-party reports and contracts necessary for billing process
· Responsible for onboarding new solar projects and associated contract
· Assist the team with external audit process
· Assist with the implementation and executing of monthly, quarterly, and annual controls.
· Assist with accounting research, documentation of accounting conclusions and implementation of new accounting pronouncements
· Prepare ad hoc quantitative analyses
· Four year undergraduate degree with a focus in Accounting.
· Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
· Outstanding attention to detail
· Highly self-motivated and organized professional with strong integrity
· Strong communicator and a team player
Work Life at Altus
Our team is the asset we are most proud of. We aim to create a positive work-life balance.
Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Health and Dental Insurance (100% of premium paid of Company’s standard policy)
- Participation in 401k Plan
- Paid cell phone service on Company’s AT&T plan
- Ability to participate in Company’s employee share plan
Altus is unequivocally committed to the principles of equal employment.