Do you want a rewarding career working with special needs students? Do you have integrity, initiative, patience, and dedication? Can you support and challenge students in becoming as successful as they can be by facilitating their availability to learn and grow academically, socially, emotionally and in other areas of their lives? If yes, then APTS® would like the opportunity to speak with you.
Alternative Paths Training School’s (APTS®) vision is to support all children in need of intervention, whether academically behaviorally, emotionally, or other, to successfully reintegrate into mainstream society and perform to their highest potential.
APTS® is searching for a Program Facilitator – Behavior Intervention & Special Education.
APTS® offers Program Facilitators an extremely supported environment in and out of the classroom. In the classroom, Program Facilitators help to present individualized lessons as well as support students through behavioral episodes. Both in and out of the classroom, Program Facilitator’s can rely on their pod’s team to assist in developing and reaching student academic and behavioral goals.
Employee’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of the Special Education teacher, assist the students with carrying out lesson plans/activities
- Collect behavioral data based on each students Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and Behavioral Intervention Plan (BIP)
- Assist the student with physical tasks such as, using the restroom, hand washing, daily living, etc.
- Process with the staff and provide information/data regarding student progress and performance
- Carry out behavioral strategies, to include, physical/verbal interventions crisis interventions, in accordance with student’s IEP, BIP, and APTS policies and procedures during school hours, transport and in the community
- Always establish and maintain appropriate interactions with students
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school
- Assist with transportation of students between school and home door-to-door, and during community-based instruction
Click the link to learn more about this position: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY7ha8lir5k&t=10s
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university- preferred
- Experience with children (childcare/special needs) – preferred
APTS® prides itself in providing the best work environment for our staff members and we offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 120 Hours of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Inclement Weather Days
- Medical (Health, Individual & Dependent coverage), Dental, Vision
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
- 401k Plan: Company matches half of your contribution, up to 4% of your salary
- Professional Development Reimbursement up to $2,000 per school year for approved programs (CEU hours)
- Gym Membership Reimbursement (up to $12/month)
- Training and development opportunities
APTS® or any of its subsidiaries, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. APTS® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.