DFW SKYLINK – JOB POSTING
Transit Technician – C osition s
Reports to Shift Supervisor
· Performs first line troubleshooting, train coordination, preventive and corrective maintenance on vehicles and wayside equipment, including but not limited to propulsion, traction motors, brakes, air compressors, couplers, doors, HVAC, auxiliary power, and all other related electromechanical components and maintenance duties under the direction of the supervisors, engineers, or staff members
· Makes recommendations for hardware and procedural changes that become evident during performance of maintenance, inspection or troubleshooting.
· Reviews and understands project/activity requests, safety instructions, blueprints, schematics and diagram to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, nature of technical activity and possible solutions such as disassemble and replace, adjust or repair regarding the maintenance of car/rail equipment, sub-systems, and additional components.
· Operates revenue service vehicles and ensures trains entering revenue service are fully serviceable.
· Handles emergencies and failures in accordance with established procedures through immediate response and quick action.
· Participates in regular training to maintain the required level of knowledge to effectively maintain, repair, and troubleshoot the system. Trains additional personnel as needed or required.
· Performs quality tests and verification to ensure safe performance of sub-assembly or components in order to properly report to the customer or for internal auditing purposes.
· Records the activity performed by indicating all relevant information on appropriate work orders/forms.
· Follows all Alstom security and safety instructions or procedures in order to prevent any personal injuries and maintain a safe fleet that will meet the demands of a reliable commuter service.
· Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Experience Preferred
· 2-4 years’ experience in maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, electrical, or electronic systems
· High School diploma or GED equivalent.
· Proficient in the English Language
· Must have a valid driver’s license
· Must obtain and maintain Airport SIDA badge in compliance with TSA regulations applicable to this position
· Must be able to pass background and security requirements to obtain and maintain access badge.
· This position is considered “safety sensitive” and is subject to alcohol and drug testing under Federal regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, bend, stoop and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee occasionally may be required to climb steep stairs and walk long distances. Work on elevated surfaces is required. Work may be performed inside the facility or outside in various weather elements.
How to Apply
Contact: Akanksha Bhat, HRBP