DFW SKYLINK – JOB POSTING Recovery Technician
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Division: Transit Systems/Operations and Maintenance
Location: DFW – TX
The Recovery Technician responds and recovers failed vehicles or trains in the safest and most expedient manner possible. Technicians will correct mechanical or electrical problems as well as inspect vehicles and stations to ensure the continual and timely operation of the trains. Working with passengers, airport personnel, and visitors, the Technician must present a professional and customer service-oriented presence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs on board diagnoses of failures, under the direction of a BTTS technician, to restore vehicles to service as promptly as possible.
· Advises the Operations Center of any condition that affects or could affect the safe passage of trains or passengers.
· Manually operates revenue vehicles to return them to revenue service or remove them from the revenue system per instruction from central control operator.
· Inspects station and train equipment assuring that all are operational, troubleshooting any malfunction, which can be resolved without the aid of a technician.
· Provides support for passenger service, recovery and maintenance personnel, for special events and all other activities related to the delivery of safe and efficient customer service.
· Performs any duties required to support T&C start-up operations.
· Manages emergencies in accordance with established procedures through immediate response and quick action to recovery of a failed train or assisting passengers to ensure their safety.
· Maintains the required level of knowledge by participating in training, certification, and examinations as required by the BTTS qualifications program.
· Adheres to all site policies, procedures and safety rules.
· Tech must maintain a passing grade in training classes.
· Ability to work variable hours and at different locations throughout the APM system in a 24 x 7 work environment.
· Ability to communicate, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with others as a team.
· Ability to make independent judgments and act within established guidelines. Ability to diagnose minor faults on train and in station equipment.
· Ability to deal professionally, courteously and effectively with the public. Must have the demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with minimum supervision.
· Be accountable to be at work and on time.
· Have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Must have the agility to board and alight trains from/to ground level (3-4 feet from ground to door height).
· Must have the ability to perform the above functions while remaining on their feet for long periods of time (as long as 2 to 3 hours continuously).
· Ability to work on elevated safety walkway
· Pass 10-year background security check for AOA ID Card.
Education & Experience:
· Tech must be a High School Graduate or equivalent.
· Knowledgeable in either Electrical, Mechanical or Electronics or one year of experience in maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, electrical or electronic systems.
· Familiarity in any one of the above trades other than trade of specialization is preferred. A combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, bend, stoop and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee occasionally may be required to climb steep stairs and walk long distances. Work on elevated surfaces is required. Work may be performed inside the facility or outside in various weather elements.
How to Apply
Contact: Akanksha Bhat, HRBP Email: email@example.com