Domestic Carrier Sales Intern – Ally Global Logistics
Ally Global Logistics is a growing fast paced Third Party Logistics provider. We are an energetic, young group that is excited about building the most customer centric business we can. AGL currently ships over 38,000 loads per year between our Domestic and Export Programs. We are seeking a Carrier Sales Representative Intern to join our growing domestic team for the summer.
You will work directly with carriers all over the United States to build relationships that are crucial to maintaining stable rates as well as coverage for our current and future client base. You will be selling, negotiating, problem-solving, and growing our carrier portfolio. This is a very high outbound call volume role. Your goal is to achieve what is best for our carriers and customers together but being instrumental in building our network. We are specifically targeting the flatbed market.
· Develop and continuously grow a carrier portfolio network.
· Negotiate and leverage relationships to sell to carriers.
· Organize your day to proactively track, book, and follow up on opportunities.
· Learn the industry and use all tools to gain knowledge.
· Other duties as directed by the Director of Domestic Program and the Domestic Sales Manager
· Make 100+ calls per day to carriers
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
· Excitement and energy for building relationships.
· No brokerage experience needed.
· Ability to work through stressful situations and problem-solve.
· Strives in a fast-paced and works with urgency.
· Negotiation skills and the ability to use market data to educate customers.
Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday
Dress Code: Casual
Location: Ally Global Logistics – 317 Libbey Industrial Pkwy, Unit B200, Weymouth MA 02189
Start Date: September 1st, 20201