At Allegro MicroSystems we architect, design and deploy mixed signal sensors. We currently have an opening for an entry level Digital Signal Processing Engineer to join our Digital Design team. This opportunity will allow an individual to contribute within the framework of a broader experienced analog, mixed-signal and digital team.
We are looking for a motivated candidate that can leverage the group’s experience to quickly begin contributing to the success of the team. The primary focus for the individual will be the use of cutting edge tools to design state of art sensors in Allegro’s Model Based Design flow for digital signal processing applications. As a new product developer, you will be exposed to a variety of tools based on specific application requirements, including Mathworks Simulink applications, embedded microprocessor coding, Matlab scripting, Verilog, SystemVerilog and Universal Verification Methodology (UVM). Typical tasks for a Jr. Digital Design Engineer include:
- Develop signal processing and control algorithms through system modeling from concept, prototyping, testing and validation to production
- Writing and/or debug of Simulink models in mixed signal test environment
- Traditional Verilog coding/unit level verification for serial interfaces, microprocessor, SRAM, Flash, EEPROM controllers
- Analysis of test results, test coverage and debug of unexpected design behavior
- Synthesis of RTL with timing and area constraints
The successful candidate will possess a BS/ MS degree in Electrical Engineering – Entry level with 3.0+ GPA. Excellent communication, documentation, problem-solving and analytical skills are required. Experience with the use of: Matlab, Simulink toolset, Verilog, System Verilog, Synthesis, DFT, UVM, embedded microprocessor and FPGA design and implementation is a plus. Exposure to a higher level object oriented language is highly desired (C++, Python, SystemVerilog, etc.).