As a Design Engineer you will work closely with marketing and systems engineers and have the opportunity to influence the company’s product and technology directions.
In this position you will contribute to the design, simulation, test and documentation of state-of-the-art sensor products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Use various software environments for the behavioral modeling and verification of complex mixed-signal integrated circuit systems.
- Design integrated circuit blocks such as amplifiers, comparators, bandgap circuits, oscillators and analog-to-digital converters.
- Validate datasheet specifications via top-level simulations.
- Verify operation of new products in laboratory testing, including designing required test hardware and software.
- Evaluate and debug circuits at the wafer level.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (including coursework applicable to analog integrated circuit design, strong theoretical background in circuit analysis, microelectronic devices and signal processing). You must also have the following:
- Experience with schematic entry and layout software, integrated circuit modeling, and circuit simulation using SPICE-like simulators.
- Excellent communication, documentation, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with laboratory procedures and basic electronic lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, and soldering equipment.
- Familiarity with UNIX-based operating systems. Familiarity with any of the following software tools is beneficial: Cadence Analog Design Environment, Verilog, Verilog-A, MATLAB, Simulink, and LabVIEW.