Traffic Designer – Jacksonville, FL
We have an excellent career opportunity for a Traffic Designer in our Jacksonville, FL office. We’re looking for a traffic designer looking for a great career-advancing opportunity in our Jacksonville, FL office. Responsibilities will include performing traffic analysis and design for highway projects.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid overtime, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules including opportunities to work remotely, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with!
The successful candidate for this position will be primarily responsible for:
- Perform traffic analysis using Synchro, HCS, and SIDRA software
- Perform design calculations, and assist with signal design and traffic control development
- Compute quantities and demonstrate awareness of relationships to pay items
- Develop task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner
- Perform tasks on schedule and within budget as assigned
- Work under the guidance of a Project Engineer and Project Manager
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field
- EIT certification
- Internship or experience at other firms, DOTs, or other agencies in the field of transportation
- Experience working on FDOT and on municipal projects in the greater Jacksonville area
- Preferred 2-4 years of traffic analysis, traffic impact analysis, and signal design experience including internships.
- Must be proficient in traffic analysis, design principles including FDOT design standards and AASHTO Green Book.
- Familiarity of the FDOT’s plan development process
- Proficient in MS Office, MicroStation, and basic 3D Modeling
- Understanding submissions per FDOT standards and requirements.
- Ability to prepare components of analysis reports and design packages for assigned elements or projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written – e-mails, project memos, reports, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document: