Structural Railroad Designer – Chicago, IL; Omaha, NE; Jacksonville, FL; Milwaukee, WI; or Cincinnati, OH
Benesch is hiring a Structural Designer to join our talented Railroad team. As a Structural Railroad Designer, you will have the opportunity to work on various projects in one of our fastest-growing divisions by working on structural design projects throughout our Railroad Division.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid overtime, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules including opportunities to work remotely, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with!
The successful candidate for this position will be primarily responsible for:
- Performing basic analysis of project elements
- Performing load development and designing calculations of project elements and checking work
- Preparing organized structural calculations
- Designing and drafting structural elements and details
- Developing task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner
- Performing tasks on schedule and within budget as assigned
- Working independently under the guidance of a Project Manager
What you will need:
- BS in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis or related discipline
- PE License or ability to obtain through reciprocity.
- Minimum of 2 years of structural design experience
- Experience working with State’s DOT preferred.
- Excellent communication and client relation skills.
- Progressive experience with developing plans and specifications utilizing Microstation
- Strong organization and leadership skills with a track record for adhering to design budgets and schedules.
- Ability to perform complex analysis and design
- Ability to assemble a complete design package for assigned elements or projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document: