Landscape Architect Designer – Charlotte, NC
Our Charlotte, NC office is seeking to hire a Landscape Architect Designer. This is a position with limited experience involving exciting and challenging assignments with outstanding growth opportunities. The ideal candidate must desire to be a self-directed motivated Doer and maintain good industry connections and relationships. Strong design skills are preferred. The ideal candidate will have some experience in the design of various site-related facilities and be able to produce a project with limited supervision. The Landscape Architect Designer will work with Project Managers to develop design concepts that are incorporated into the final product. The individual shall be required to produce other’s designs with the expectation they will produce their own work within two years. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated, flexible, and work well with others.
What You Will Need:
- B.S. Degree in Landscape Architecture required.
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience in project production (masterplan through construction documents)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience specific to site and planning design.
- Registered Landscape Architect is preferred.
- Excellent communication, strong written and oral skills, experience interacting with regulatory agencies, and other project stakeholders.
- Willing to attend conferences and interviews.
- Must be proficient in the use of current versions of AutoCAD / Civil 3-D, Sketch-Up.
- Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes.
- Strong 2D and 3D design and graphics skills.
- Ability to work independently and develop task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner.
The Impact You Will Have:
- Coordinate all activities with Project Managers, Sr. Project Managers, Group Managers, and Division Managers.
- Production of high-quality presentation renderings and graphic communications materials, ensuring the Client’s needs are being met and properly communicated.
- Develop Concepts or schematic designs, demonstrate a strong knowledge of site design, grading and construction detailing.
- Research local/ State regulations as they pertain to site planning.
- Research non-routine code issues and obtain interpretations from code officials.
- Incorporate design concepts from schematic design into design development and work with the project team to produce construction documents.
- Edit specification sections and prepare Project Manuals
- As part of the role in construction administration, the applicant may conduct construction meetings and produce site observation reports when required.
- Prepare opinion of probable cost for site development and review contractor cost estimates.
- Review drawings and documents to assure compliance with Benesch’s design and production standards.
- Preparing and assisting with grant applications
- Attending and assisting with public meetings
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document: