Construction Representative – Kansas City, KS Manhattan, KS Topeka, KS, Wichita, KS or Kansas City, MO
Benesch is hiring a Construction Representative to join our talented Kansas team. As a Construction Inspector, you will be responsible for the daily inspection and documentation of infrastructure projects including road, water main, and sewer construction.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid overtime, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
The successful candidate for this position will be primarily responsible for:
- Review and assure project supervisor of the adequacy of budget and schedule
- Follow applicable project procedures
- Perform construction observation of construction activities
- Maintain a field book in accordance with project procedures
- Perform measurements of construction work performed and quantity calculations of pay items
- Prepare Inspector’s Daily Reports and other project documentation as required by the project procedures and as directed by the project supervisor
- Report to the project supervisor on the progress of work, including technical issues, the status of work remaining to be done, and any noted deficiencies
- Comply with all project and company safety guidelines
- Review plans, specifications, and submittals relating to assigned work
- Provide design or other professional assistance to project managers as assigned
- Maintain company-owned vehicle or other equipment assigned for use on the project
What You Will Need:
- BS in Civil or Construction Engineering or in a related engineering curriculum required – recent college grads are highly encouraged to apply!
- Experience working on field projects desired
- Experience utilizing ArcGIS, Microstation, and Geopak, and/or AutoCAD is desirable
- Excellent communication and intrapersonal skills
- Strong organization and ability to perform services efficiently and within budgets and schedules
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document: