Take Your Career To The Next Level
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. Serving a broad range of markets, Benesch has played a role in shaping our nation’s infrastructure and local communities for decades. We are client-focused – dedicated to providing responsive service and recruiting the very best talent to deliver project success.
We have a unique career opportunity for a Civil Designer to be a key member of our growing Milwaukee. WI team. We offer opportunities to work on a variety of transportation projects with state and local transportation agencies.
The Impact You Will Have:
- Perform basic analysis, design calculations, and coordinate drafting of project elements
- Compute quantities and demonstrate awareness of relationships to pay items
- Review mathematical calculations of others and organize calculations to be included in the design file, following project standards and as assigned
- Develop task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner
- Perform tasks on schedule and within budget as assigned
- Work independently under the guidance of a Project Engineer
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of BSCE or related discipline
- Wisconsin EI (or desire to obtain P.E. in future)
- Desire and aptitude to perform design efforts and plan development for Transportation projects (including roadway, traffic, hydraulics, Erosion Control, etc.)
- Competent use of Microsoft Office products
- Capabilities with Autocad Civil 3D a plus
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment on challenging projects
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written – e-mails, project memos, reports, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to be adaptable to office and field inspection tasks. The position may include the need to perform Field Inspection. Willingness to travel to project sites, sometimes out-of-town
Benesch is a great company to work for! Benefits include paid overtime, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with!