Provide basic law enforcement services to an assigned area under the direction of a Field Services Sergeant.
You will not be considered until you have 1st completed the application and selection process at APDonline.com
$5,000 HIRING BONUS
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Supervision Received and Exercised
Receive direction from APD Sergeant.
Essential and Supplemental Functions
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the functions listed below)
- Effectively patrols assigned area for suspicious persons and vehicles.
- Respond to calls for service.
- Serve as a back-up unit to other units.
- Investigate traffic crashes.
- Enforce traffic code.
- Make felony and misdemeanor arrests.
- Complete preliminary investigations.
- Conduct complete investigations of crimes.
- Interview victims, witnesses and suspects.
- Control or direct traffic.
- Provide routine assistance to the public.
- Familiarizes self with area of assignment.
- Perform miscellaneous assignments such as vehicle inspections and maintenance, transporting prisoners.
- Refer the public to appropriate agencies in civil matters.
- Present testimony in court.
- Perform field community policing/engagement activities.
- Obtain and execute arrests and search warrants.