Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil & Gas clients to seek for a Student Lawyer to join them on 12-months contract in Columbus, Ohio.
This opportunity is to assist one of Airswift’s major client’s businesses, which consist of marketing companies and refining companies. Our client’s marketing companies sell crude oil, gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, residual fuels, petrochemical feedstocks, and other products across the United States.
Our client is seeking a student lawyer candidate for the 2021 – 2022 school year. If a 2L is selected, then she/he has the potential to work during the summer of 2022 and the following school year. The successful candidate will need to be located in Columbus, Ohio.
This student has to be highly professional and personable, demonstrating attention to detail with strong interpersonal skills. Successful candidates will combine analytical abilities and strong communication skills to provide support to our client’s U.S. Legal Team.
Core Responsibilities Include
- Unique opportunity to work closely with Head of U.S. Legal Department and Senior
- Management in the U.S. business for the company.
- Individual exposure to a plethora of legal, business and compliance issues, and provide the opportunity to work with lawyers in the legal department and the business.
- Assist counsel in the drafting and advising the business on contracts, including procurement, construction, marketing, and logistics agreements, among other agreement types.
- Work with legal and the business on preparing compliance reports.
- Exposure to corporate governance matters.
- Assist with matters related to Environmental, Health and Safety laws, guidelines, and regulations.
- Research applicable areas of law in connection with company representation.
- Respond to requests in timely fashion from legal colleagues and client groups.
- Pursue in-depth understanding of company and its operations.
- Demonstrates competency in driving for results, communicating effectively, and working collaboratively.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
- Must be able to work 10 to 20 hours per week.
- Currently pursuing a Juris Doctorate from an accredited Law School required.
- Highly motivated 2L or 3L student.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale preferred
Benefits of this opportunity include chances to:
- Take part in impactful business projects
- Network with experienced professionals
- Engage in a strong student network
- Gain valuable exposure in the oil and gas industry
- Relevant work experience in your field of study
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages