The A&P Mechanic maintains the Company’s aircraft in a safe and airworthy condition according to the Company maintenance manual and FAR regulations. Conducts or assists with all inspections and repairs on aircraft and aircraft sub-assemblies and performs required documentation, billing, regulatory and other administrative tasks in adherence with Company, customer and FAA policies.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on aircraft, as assigned.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of completed tasks.
- Troubleshoots and repairs damaged, worn, or defective mechanical components.
- Performs pre-flight and post-flight inspections on aircraft as time permits.
- Reports discrepancies to Maintenance Manager or Pilot in Command.
- Documents maintenance activities.
- Completes required paperwork, including return to service requirements.
- Observes current applicable FAA Regulations and GMM’s while performing required maintenance.
- Complies with Company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains general cleanliness of hangar, parts/tool rooms and ramp areas, including operation of hangar floor cleaning machine.
- Participates in preplanning briefing to ensure complete understanding of the project work scope, man-hour availability and projected completion date.
- Ensures proper job planning so that parts and other resources are available in a timely manner to meet milestones and deadlines.
- Demonstrates proper inspection and repair procedures.
- Ensures that the work order is opened and updated throughout the project in a timely manner.
- Ensures that squawks on work orders are accurate and descriptive.
- Ensures that time and parts billed on a work order are accurate, justified and reasonable.
- Trains, coaches and provides oversight to junior A&P’s.
- Serves as a positive role model for ethical behavior and promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with these principles; promotes and supports the mission, vision and values of the Company.
- Performs other duties and assignments, as required.
- Travels to AOG aircraft or other maintenance base to support scheduled maintenance, as required.
Requires a high school education or GED and an A&P certificate. One year minimum experience in general aviation maintenance or related field preferred. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
· Access to relocation flights: Employees have the opportunity to fly aboard aircraft during scheduled relocation flights for non-company (personal) purposes. Employees may request that their friends and family accompany them during these flights.
· 3 Weeks Vacation & Holidays: Airshare believes that having a healthy work-life balance is important. Employees enjoy three weeks of paid vacation per year as well as eight paid holidays.
· Tuition Assistance: Educational assistance is offered to assist employees’ development and to prepare them for advancement opportunities within the company. Tuition reimbursement benefits are limited to $1,500 per employee per year for approved courses.
· 401(k) Plan: All full-time employees are eligible to participate in and contribute to the company’s 401(k) plan, Roth 401(k) plan beginning on the first of the month following six months of service. The company will match $0.50 on the dollar up to 6% of the employee’s contribution. Employees are fully vested after three years.
· Health and Dental Insurance: All full-time regular employees are entitled to benefits under the Company’s health and other company-sponsored insurance plans including health, dental, vision and life insurance.
Airshare is one of the fastest-growing private aviation companies in the country. Our services include private fractional ownership, whole aircraft management and charter, with operational bases in numerous markets including Kansas City, Denver, Dallas, Houston and Chicago. We work with a very upscale and diverse clientele, encompassing business owners, corporate executives and high net worth individuals. We fly our customers an average of over 12,000 flights per year throughout North America and the Caribbean. We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative culture, as every person in our organization plays a key role in the overall success we continue to achieve.