ABOUT AIR PROTEIN
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before! Air Protein™ is on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make meat. Founded in 2019, we make meat from elements of the air.
Air Protein is a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. Air Protein uses less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to help combat climate change and working toward addressing the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive total compensation plans and a collaborative company culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more, changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a breath.
Air Protein is a subsidiary of Kiverdi, Inc. – a research and technology company working on the science of carbon transformation to create game changing products and systems.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Ingredient Quality Scientist is responsible for the protein ingredients made from air that will formulate the meat analog products
- Work as the interface between the upstream ingredient production team and downstream product development team channeling sustainable ingredients/protein to nutritious food
- Will lead development of meat analogs/meta meat by managing different ingredients provided by the upstream team.
- Develop/implement processes for evaluation of functional behavior of ingredients made from air in food products
- Plan, schedule, execute, and/or participate in evaluation of the organoleptic quality of ingredients products, as required.
- Document batch to batch variability, analytics, and establish quality metrics
- Work closely with the compliance manager in establishing an Air Protein safety philosophy and implement the philosophy for the creation of the most sustainable protein
- Provide support in building technical expertise and implementation of best practices throughout the organization.
- Bachelors/Master in food science/protein science/chemical engineering/biochemistry or related discipline required
- Experience with regulatory/food safety, pet and human foods a plus
- A diverse combination of experience and education is desired
- Understand bioprocessing/fermentation industries processes and procedures
- Analyzes reactions from their audiences to evaluate the success of design or implementation of brand tactics; Understands the company’s objectives and takes appropriate measures to gain consensus and correct unsatisfactory performance and results
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to act proactively to create exceptional experiences for internal and external audiences
- Possess a customer first mentality with all stakeholders
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with tangible and lasting shaping of core values and standards
- Professional experience in roles requiring both independent creativity and collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong business and financial acumen with an understanding of the implications of new technology development processes
- Understand the use of technology as a competitive differentiator
- Act with a high level of awareness and sensitivity to exceptional customer service when dealing with external and 3rd parties. Be transparent, guiding, high-touch, and show mature judgment and professionalism at all times. When in doubt, go above and beyond expectations to deliver a great experience.
Air Protein is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed, and it is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.