AIP Publishing is a leading publisher of the physical sciences. Working at AIP Publishing means being part of a mission: to accelerate scientific discovery while reimagining the future of scholarly publishing.
AIPP proudly earned the distinction of being named one of the New York State Best Companies to Work for in 2020 and 2021. We are proud of our collaborative, creative colleagues and encourage an inclusive workplace culture that maximizes individual contributions.
AIP Publishing is seeking an Editorial Assistant who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative components of journal management.
- Supporting commissioning activities geared towards driving submissions to our journals
- Monitoring and tracking the success of commissioning activities and providing regular reporting and feedback on the status of invitations
- Assist in performing research and analysis in support of strategic commissioning objectives
- Monitor editorial schedule and details of the publication of regular articles as well as planned special topics, special issues and special articles
- Coordinate editorial input for marketing efforts that will ensure increased journal usage, visibility, and authorship
- Liaise with Editors, Authors and Reviewers as needed for publishing operations
- Work with internal business units to maintain the most current information for journal titles for online display and print product
- Assist in preparing presentations, reports on journal metrics and other supporting documents as needed for conferences and editorial board meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required, a degree in a physical science or related field preferred
- Familiarity with research publication in physics-related journals a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate knowledge of/experience with internet-based scientific communication
- Ability to take responsibility, assess complex situations, and work on own initiative
Must reside within NY, NJ, CT, MD, VA, PA, MA, or Washington, DC. This is a remote or hybrid opportunity with possible infrequent in-person time required in the Melville, NY office.
- Our excellent benefits package includes:
- Paid time off
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Competitive medical, dental and vision options
- Exceptional retirement benefits
- Training opportunities
- Tuition assistance
AIP Publishing is a wholly owned not-for-profit subsidiary of the American Institute of Physics (AIP). AIP Publishing’s mission is to support the charitable, scientific and educational purposes of AIP through scholarly publishing activities in the fields of the physical and related sciences on its own behalf and on behalf of our publishing partners to help them proactively advance their missions. Our publishing portfolio includes digital books, AIP Conference Proceedings, and peer-reviewed journals across a spectrum of research areas, including our flagship titles Applied Physics Reviews, Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Applied Physics, and The Journal of Chemical Physics.
AIP Publishing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.