Please note that we are currently planning on having our internships in-person. With that said, the safety of our employees is a top priority, and we are comfortable transitioning our internship to be 100% virtual if needed. Internship opportunities available at Activision Central Design, High Moon Studios, Toys for Bob, Raven Software, Sledgehammer Games, and Infinity Ward.
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelors or masters degree and graduating May/June 2022 or later
- Available for a 12-week internship starting May 23rd or June 21st
- Familiarity with 3D level design tools (UnrealEd, Kismet, Maya, Max, or similar 3D editor)
- Intuitive understanding of how action games work and why people play them
- Programming/scripting experience in C/C++, Lua or other languages is a plus
- Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful game designer in the video game industry
- Ability to receive feedback and implement
- Must be passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful designer in the video game industry.
- Applications with a portfolio link are highly encouraged
World/Level Design: Create gameplay experiences including missions, encounters and other content driven moments applying layout and scripting skills.
AI Design: Build compelling bosses, enemies and encounters.
Core Gameplay Design: Design, craft and implement a robust sandbox of gameplay systems.
Systems Design: Drive long-term player engagement through various game wide systems such as XP and rewards.
UX Design: Identify and mitigate game-to-user communication issues to provide cohesive, predictable, and desirable effects.
Audio Design: Compose and implement audio to create an immersive experience.
Narrative Design: Assist in creating immersive story-driven experiences that reinforce the game’s context and deepens the player experience.
- Passion for creative writing, game development, screenwriting, and theatre.
- Strong communication skills.
- Short writing sample welcomed, but not required
- Be part of a team of designers building compelling worlds, systems and gameplay on one of our award-winning franchises.
- Work closely with the Design Leadership on level design layout, scripting events, systems implementation, design documentation, and all things gameplay-related.
- Expand your skills and learn new technology
- Participate in learning and development tech talks to understand how our employees come together to launch AAA games
- Spend a summer in one of these locations: Southern California, Northern California, or Wisconsin
Activision is looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2022 summer. We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun. All Activision interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We’ll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the game you are contributing on. Internships will be offered at our development studios across the country as well as Activision’s corporate headquarters.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, Spyro™, Tony Hawk’s™: Pro Skater™, and Sekiro™.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners. Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.