JOB SUMMARY & KEY PRIORITIES:
The Visual Brand Manager will bring thought leadership to how the face of Active Minds is portrayed to external audiences, including its membership, supporters, and the general public. Key platforms in use by this position are Active Minds’ print and electronic collateral, website, email, and social media.
The Visual Brand Manager reports to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer (CDMO), in addition to collaborating with other staff to express the Active Minds brand.
ABOUT ACTIVE MINDS
Active Minds is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization changing the culture around mental health. Through our presence at more than 1,000 high school and college campuses, in corporate settings, and with a wide-reaching public audience, Active Minds is creating communities of support and saving lives. Founded in 2003 by Alison Malmon after the tragic suicide of her brother Brian, Active Minds is dedicated to supporting a new generation in ending the silence, helping to make mental health as highly valued as physical health. Through our many programs – including the emotionally gripping Send Silence Packing® traveling exhibit and our compelling Active Minds Speakers – we are changing culture and behaviors related to mental health across the country.
Brand Representation for Programs, Fundraising & Events (70%)
- Provide thought leadership across departments for incorporating Active Minds’ visual brand, ensuring high quality production and dissemination for excellent public brand representation.
- Lead creation of representative graphics and visuals to support online brand display, with expectation of replication to print and event materials (signage, print materials, etc.).
- Oversee the Web & Digital Content Associate, a team of design contractors, intermittent video contractors, and mentors a team of available interns to meet the organization’s design needs.
- Lead the integration of Active Minds’ visual brand into the programmatic materials, store products and advertisements, and chapter and partnership activities of Active Minds.
- Assist with integration of the Active Minds visual brand into programmatic, donor, and cultivation events, including creation of signage and print materials.
- Provide visual graphics for Active Minds’ blogs, emails, texting, and other communications mechanisms.
- Coordinate with Development department for social and web elements of fundraising appeals.
Other duties as assigned (30%)
- Lead video production oversight in collaboration with CDMO, and/or produce simple video content for use in telling the organization’s story and mission.
- Create or coordinate fast response graphics for use across the organization, including for website pop-ups, social media, partnership proposals, and more.
- A creative design eye and hand, with experience collaborating on design creation across teams.
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, over the phone, and in writing, and with fellow staff members.
- Stickler for details and quality.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys working proactively and thinking creatively.
- Thrives in a high-paced organization.
- Advocate for social entrepreneurship and a believer in young people making an impact.
You need to have:
- 3-4 years of related visual brand and/or graphic design experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in nonprofit marketing and communications efforts.
- Experience with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Canva or other design tools.
- Experience with web and social tools including WordPress, or other similar products.
- Experience with CRM systems (ex. Salesforce) and other databases a plus.
- Fully digital-literate, including Microsoft and Google products, and online meeting tools.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Visual Brand Manager.”
Active Minds is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is important to us to reflect the communities we serve. Active Minds thus recruits, hires, trains, compensates, and promotes our staff regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.