Summer Intern – Business Analyst Position
Activate works with the world’s most influential and innovative technology, media, and consumer companies to tackle their biggest challenge: growth. Our entire focus is on helping our clients increase revenues and position their businesses to win.
These are certainly exciting (and challenging) times for media, technology, entertainment, and information companies. New technologies, platforms, distribution models, marketplaces, editorial models, and advertising formats are creating growth opportunities. But capturing those growth opportunities isn’t easy. As the business environment gets more competitive, there is a critical need for new strategies and approaches.
That’s where we come in. Leading companies turn to us to find ways to grow their revenues, take advantage of digital opportunities, and to get ahead of the forces transforming their businesses.
Working at Activate:
We grow together as a firm and have a strong culture of mentorship and community. Our structure allows for individuals at all levels to collaborate and drive results for our clients together.
About the Summer Business Analyst Role:
Business Analysts work directly with Activate team members at all levels of the organization, from fellow analysts to the managing directors and CEO. As essential members of the team, analysts are expected to contribute to team discussions and participate in client meetings.
The analyst’s role will vary by project, but will typically involve a combination of the following:
- Industry and user research (e.g. market/consumer trends, commissioned surveys, expert interviews)
- Analysis such as market sizing and building revenue models
- Contribution to brainstorming and general direction of analysis
- Creating and designing client presentations
- Keeping up with overall technology and media trends
- Current undergraduate (junior or senior) accompanied by a strong academic record
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and research capabilities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- A strong interest in the media/tech space
- Independent, motivated, and proactive team player