Activate empowers scientists to reinvent the world by bringing their research to market. The two-year Activate Fellowship provides the most promising science entrepreneurs the funding, technical support, networking, community, and time they need at the outset of their entrepreneurial journey.
Activate Fellows receive:
· A yearly living stipend of $80,000 to $110,000 plus a health insurance stipend and travel allowance
· Each project also receives $100,000 of research support at the host laboratory
· Access to world-class research facilities in Berkeley, CA and Boston, MA or the ability to join the Activate Anywhere Community and work from qualified research facilities anywhere across the U.S.
· A program of intensive entrepreneurial training, mentorship, and networking
All support is 100% free. Activate is funded by government and philanthropy and Activate does not take an equity stake in their startups.
To be accepted into the fellowship, you need to have:
· A bachelor’s degree in the sciences + 4 years of research experience
· A physical science or technology innovation that could have a positive impact on society
· You need to be early-stage – if you’ve already launched your startup, your total equity-based funding can’t exceed $2 million at the start of the fellowship
· You need to be based in the United States or have a proven path to relocating here (find out more about where you can be located here)
1. Get a rapid overview of the fellowship by watching our 2-min video here
2. Visit our website to learn more about the fellowship
3. Register to attend a webinar or Fellow Q&A panel
4. Begin your fellowship application
For any additional questions, please contact email@example.com.