TAX CONSULTING ASSOCIATE
Join one of the largest public accounting and professional services firms in Hawaii focused on creating the next generation of business leaders. Accuity LLP works with top-tier businesses in a variety of industries, helping them adapt to ever-changing market demands with strategic consulting, audit, and tax expertise.
As a tax consulting associate, you’ll work alongside and learn from talented innovators who love tackling problems and finding solutions. We invest in developing leaders and provide a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
In addition to typical benefits, enjoy a progressive benefits package with unique offerings including flexible work arrangements, unlimited time off, life coaching, fitness and wellness classes, and allowances for cell phones and meals. Beyond perks and technical training, our culture is inclusive, balanced, transparent, and collaborative. We believe our people are our greatest asset so we do everything we can to provide the tools, training, and support they need to excel at their jobs.
As a tax consulting associate, you will prepare tax returns, and provide tax planning and other consulting services under the supervision of our experienced tax consulting professionals. More senior associates will be exposed to complex assignments and greater responsibilities, which may include the review of work from team members. You’ll also be expected to work outside of normal business hours if needed to complete client projects. Travel may be required in connection with professional development activities or client assignments.
· Organize and coordinate clients’ tax data for accurate and timely completion of individual returns and simple to moderately complex corporate, partnership, S-Corp, trust returns, and not-for-profit returns.
· Respond to tax notices and prepare initial drafts of response letters.
· Research tax issues. Draft memos summarizing taxpayer fact pattern, authoritative guidance, application of law and conclusion.
· Create analyses and presentations to communicate alternative tax planning positions
· Actively participate in Firm training programs. Seek out opportunities for self-study training in areas that will promote professional development.
· Experienced associates may assist the engagement manager with preparation of budgets, engagement letters, work assignments, and may be assigned to supervise staff.
You’re a great fit if you can:
· Demonstrate a basic understanding of applicable accounting procedures, tax regulations, account reconciliation, calculations, journal entries, and analysis
· Demonstrate familiarity with research tools and methods and the ability to use them effectively
· Think creatively, even in ambiguous situations
· Quickly become familiar with performance, efficiency and quality standards within the Department, and apply them appropriately to assignments
· Take full responsibility for completing assigned work, keeping supervisor informed of issues and status with respect to budget and deadlines
Other Essential Attributes
· Ethical and professional
· Strong interpersonal skills – able to interact comfortably with staff, clients, and managers
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Good problem-solving and time-management skills
· A continuous-learning mentality: accept and learn from constructive feedback, participate in appropriate professional training sessions, keep current with relevant industry information
· Flexibility – demonstrate an ability to adapt quickly and appropriately to rapidly changing circumstances
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or law degree with strong accounting concentration
· Must have earned 150 semester credits and meet all other educational requirements for CPA licensing. (Minimum requirements)
· Hold a current and valid certified public accountant’s license, or be working towards obtaining the license by taking and passing the state CPA exam
· If licensed, be a member in good standing with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
If this position is not for you, explore our other opportunities at www.accuityllp.com.