Mechanical Design Engineer
3-Month Term Recent Graduate
Accelerate Design LLC ensures the success of its clients by applying validated product development strategies from Conceptualization through Design and Development, and into Commercial Launch. We are a growing full-service Product Development and Engineering Services company that specializes in Medical Devices, Robotics, Industrial Optics, and Biophotonics. By striking an artful balance between science, engineering, and innovation we apply our validated processes and expertise to engineer ideas into manufactured products.
You will gain resume-building experience in multiple engineering disciplines across several projects by shadowing seasoned engineers. You will assist in the design, detailing, and prototyping activities that ensure our client’s success.
We have an opening for a Recent Grad. (or soon to be that is taking a semester off) to work full time for an approximately 3 month term at our Charlton, MA lab with some remote work opportunities.
- BS, MS or PhD graduate or senior-candidate in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Biomedical Engineering, Optical Engineering, or similar with a very strong mechanical aptitude.
- CAD experience required with SolidWorks or OnShape.
- Machine design knowledge and understanding of Design for Manufacturing of milled and turned parts.
- 3D printing and prototyping experience.
- Have a creative problem-solving mindset with a hands-on approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Frequently required to reach, pull, and/or employ fine motor skills during the assembly, servicing, and maintenance of electromechanical devices.
- Frequently required to operate tools/machinery that use hand and/or foot controls (drills, saws, test equipment, microscopes, etc.).
- Frequently required to lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 50 lbs while working with medical equipment.
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Work safely and effectively with a diverse R&D team actively supporting a culture of safety.
- Previous research/intern experience is a plus.
- Excited by dynamic challenges.
Full-time Temporary (Non-benefited)
Visit our website for a sampling or past projects: www.accelerate-design.com