AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Clinical Trial Diversity Internship Overview
Envision spending your summer working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders, all while gaining world-class experience in one of the most dynamic organizations in the pharmaceutical industry. This is a reality for AbbVie’s Experiential Interns.
AbbVie is committed to being an industry leader in accelerating the transformation of molecules to medicines to maximize the value for patients and AbbVie. To do so, we must drive partnerships with patients and sites to deliver customer-centric solutions that enable equitable trial access and enhanced trial experiences. The Clinical Trial Diversity and Inclusion Intern will sit within the Clinical Development Operations (CDO) organization and is responsible for supporting the execution of engagement efforts with diverse patients, healthcare providers and community groups.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the management of the database of clinical trial patient advocates from external outreach
- Look for opportunities to showcase and amplify diverse patient/physician stories
- Assist with new, diverse investigator outreach and interactions
- Support the initiation of partnership programs with community groups
- Review and provide feedback on new communication materials for external engagement
- Evaluate the success of specific initiatives by measuring impact and identifying insights and learnings to improve and evolve in the future
- Currently enrolled in university, pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline
- Must be enrolled in university during the internship period
- Expected graduation date between August 2023 – December 2025
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; innovative approach to creative execution
- Committed to the principles that underpin AbbVie’s efforts to drive diverse, inclusive and patient-centric clinical research programs
Benefits and Amenities
- Competitive pay
- Travel and lodging support for eligible students
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.