AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Bioinformatics Omics Data Analysis Internship Overview
Envision spending your summer working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders, all while gaining world-class experience in one of the most dynamic organizations in the pharmaceutical industry. This is a reality for AbbVie’s Experiential Interns.
The Bioinformatics Intern will work with the Proteomics team within the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics group. The Intern will have the opportunity to learn and participate in omics data analysis, data archiving, and data query, and discuss results with collaborators. The project will primarily involve computational tool development and assessment for multi-omics data integration and visualization to support target and biomarker discovery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Literature and resource review for proteomics data analysis and multi-omics data integration tools and strategies
- Evaluating and comparing existing methods and deciding the final strategy/method
- Develop workflow for multi-omics data integration
- Multi-omics data archiving and visualization in internal web platforms.
- Summarize and present the results.
- Currently enrolled in university, pursuing a Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, or another related field
- Must be enrolled in university during the internship period
- Expected graduation date between August 2023 and August 2026
- Proficient in at least one programming language (R preferred)
- Exposure to LC-MS based proteomic technology
- Experience in biology/immunology/genetics/genomics
- Excellent scientific writing and communication skills
Benefits and Amenities
- Competitive pay
- Travel and lodging support for eligible students
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.