AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com.
As an AbbVie Experiential Intern, you’ll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program that is focused on providing students with robust projects throughout the summer working alongside energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders.
Data and Statistical Sciences (DSS) Overview
At DSS Statistical Science and Analytics, we revolutionize the drug development landscape through strategic leadership and operational excellence. We are pioneers in generating and leveraging scientific evidence to provide new treatments that make remarkable impact for our patients. SS&A provide statistics support for all phases of clinical development as well as global medical affairs.
The Experiential Intern – Statistical Science and Analytics will:
- Conduct research on one or more statistical topics, including but not limited to deep learning, historical data borrowing, missing data imputation, and survival analysis
- Gain knowledge about the pharmaceutical industry
- Present project/assignment results and learnings to department management and broader team at the conclusion of the internship
- Pursuing a PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, or other related field
- Completed at least two full years of graduate study prior to the start of the internship
- Returning to university for at least one semester
- Proven track record of accomplishment
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (note – students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated)
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.