4D Molecular Therapeutics, Inc. (“4DMT”) is a clinical-stage gene therapy company pioneering the development of product candidates using targeted and evolved AAV vectors. 4DMT seeks to unlock the full potential of gene therapy using its platform, Therapeutic Vector Evolution, which combines the power of directed evolution with approximately one billion synthetic capsid sequences to invent evolved vectors for use in targeted gene therapy products. The company is initially focused in three therapeutic areas: ophthalmology, cardiology, and pulmonology. The 4DMT targeted and evolved vectors are invented with the goal of being delivered through clinically routine, well-tolerated and minimally invasive routes of administration, transducing diseased cells in target tissues efficiently, having reduced immunogenicity and, where relevant, having resistance to pre-existing antibodies. 4DMT is currently conducting three clinical trials: 4D-125 is in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial for XLRP, 4D-110 is in a Phase 1 clinical trial for choroideremia and 4D-310 is in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial for Fabry disease.
4DMT is focused on attracting and retaining the best people in the industry who identify with our mission and innovative results-driven approach. We offer an inspiring and collaborative environment that encourages individual contributions, recognizes performance in multiple ways, offers competitive salary and benefits, and provides challenging opportunities for career development. 4D Molecular Therapeutics is located in Emeryville, CA.
4DMT is in need of a talented and motivated Research Associate (Contract) to join our R&D team in supporting our viral drug therapy research efforts as we contribute to the future of gene therapeutics. This position will combine modern molecular and cell biology methods to help streamline 4DMT’s proprietary discovery platform. This individual will work closely with the Discovery group, but is expected to be a collaborative team member within R&D.
- Lab & Experimental Activities: 100%
- Conduct independent laboratory experiments following defined laboratory technical procedures
- Use basic molecular biology techniques, DNA and RNA purification, PCR, qPCR, gene cloning, and western blotting
- Use sterile technique for handling and growing mammalian cells
- Preparing cell or tissue samples for biochemical analysis
- Maintain accurate and well-organized laboratory records, worksheets and notebooks
- Review and present data/work to team members and associated working groups
- Maintain current training requirements
- Maintain compliance to company Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures, and practices
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. degree in biology, bioengineering, or a related field
- 1+ years prior experience in biological laboratory experimentation
- Prior experience working with viral gene delivery vectors (especially adeno-associated virus) is an added plus
- Ability to conduct research with strong attention to detail
- Highly organized and motivated, work independently in a collaborative team-oriented setting, and have strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Photoshop
- Physical Requirements of the Role:
- Bending, lifting, twisting, ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as lab coat, goggles/glasses, and nitrile gloves
- Expectation of working 5 days per week in lab while adopting safety and social distancing practices established by 4DMT
- Adhere to 4DMT Covid protocols and policy
4DMT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities