What is the Credential Service?
The prehealth credential service is an online system for MIT students and alums applying to medical/health profession schools and health-related scholarships.
The Credential Service:
- Lets you request, collect, and store letters of recommendation
- Lets you share your application materials with the Committee on Prehealth Advising (COPA), the MIT faculty members who will write a committee letter to accompany your application if you request it
- Sends letters, including the COPA Letter (if applicable), electronically to application services
Opening an Account
If you are applying for a 2022 entry to medical/health profession school, you can open an account anytime from February 8 - February 12, 2021 at 5pm. Make sure you are on the Prehealth email list to get reminders.
Credential Service Policies
- There is a $100 non-refundable annual fee to use the prehealth credential service.
- Recommendation letters may only be used for applying to medical/health profession schools.
- If you want to reuse a letter that is one year or older, you need to get new consent from the author. We recommend that you ask for updates to old letters.
- If you waive your right to view a letter of recommendation, the letter is considered confidential and you cannot see it.
Questions? Call us at 617-715-5328, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.