Interview Students On Campus
You can reserve interview rooms* for On-Campus Recruiting through CareerBridge, our online reservation system.
We have 23 interview rooms located in MIT building E17 on the second floor. Each room has a table, seating for two interviewers and student, phone and a large dry erase board. Unfortunately, we don’t have space for group interviews.
*All on-campus interviews must be exclusively limited to the MIT community (students, current post-docs and alumni).
Fees and Limits
The fee to rent an interview room is $200 per day, payable by credit card at the time of the reservation.
To ensure open access to all employers, there is a cap of 6 rooms per day. We ask that you contact us about larger recruiting needs rather than reserve 6 rooms on multiple days.
Hours and Scheduling
Interviews can be scheduled between 8:45am to 5:00pm. All interviews must be completed by 5pm.
We provide a complimentary schedule system through CareerBridge that is optional for employer use. Employers are requested to clarify any scheduling process for students if not using CareerBridge.
Our Recruiting Calendar will let you know when interview room reservations open.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
Interviews can be cancelled at any time. However, please provide our office and our students at least 24 hours advance notice of an interview cancellation.
Interview room reservations are eligible for refund, minus a 5% processing fee, only if both of the following criteria are met:
- Cancellation is no more than 30 days after payment date
- Cancellation is no less than 30 days before the interview date
Room reservation reimbursements will be issued up to 30 days after the payment, but not later than 30 days before the reservation date.
School Closings and Emergencies
Our office aligns with all official MIT closings. Please check the MIT Emergency Information page for up-to-date closing information. Additionally, any unexpected closing will be posted on our home page. In case of an emergency closing, we will work with you to reschedule any event you may have arranged through our office.
Tips for Interviewing on Campus
- Read the MIT Recruiting Policies and Procedures to develop a timeline for making offers to students.
- Plan in advance if scheduling on-campus interviews around one of the many career fairs offered throughout the year.
- Include MIT alumni from your company in the interview process.
- Try to be flexible but consistent with your schedule as MIT students tend to pack their days very full.
- If a student has an academic conflict with an interview time, consider connecting on the phone, via Skype or over coffee.
- Clarify the next steps in your company’s interview process as it differs from company to company.